Monday, February 14, 2011

Transplant day !

As I type this, my husband is receiving a kidney from our wonderful donor/friend/hero Sandy.  It's so hard to imagine this is going on right now.. today.. at this exact moment.  It's so hard to imagine that someone is so willing to go through this, to give up a part of their body for another person.  I'm finding it very difficult to find words that would match my emotions.  I feel it in my heart and throat.  I feel like it's going to explode.  I'm crying, but not sad tears.  I'm nervous, but good nervous.  I want to scream, cry, dance and hug everyone in this waiting room.  Almost 3 years now, we've been waiting and waiting for this day.  It's here.  Can you believe it?  My husband is going to have a new and improved life, thanks to this amazing hero, Sandy.

I'll keep my blog updated about this process, but for now, I want to thank Sandy first and foremost.  I owe you my life.  I will forever be in gratitude of you.  You are my hero on so many levels.  Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

I also want to thank Sandy's life partner, and Bryan's aunt Linda.  What you are willing to go through, as well as Sandy, is incredible.  Thank you for your willingness, paitence and and sacrifice.  You two are just super amazing people..  again words can't express how thankful I am for the both of you.

Thanks to Bryan's family keeping me sane, and always being there.  Thanks to my mom for flying down from New Orleans and being my support. 

Thanks to every single person who has said even one prayer, or wished one good thought our way.  Every kind word is etched in my heart.  I can't fathom how many people have been praying for this.  We are one blessed family to have so many wonderful friends and family.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

4 comments:

Raquel Sergio said...

Jessica and Bryan, I believe Gods hand is with you today! I am so glad bryan gets a second chance in living to the fullest. I pray today as bryan is in his transplant and I know you will both have a wonderful life.

I love you and will always be here for you

You know it

your BFF

Raquel Sergio

Kristin said...

You deserve this! I am glad he found a match and you guys will have a long and amazing life together! :)

Kelly C said...

Jess, I could really feel the hundreds upon hundreds of prayers lifting him and Sandy up today. I never felt scared...just a peace that everything was going to be ok. We are definitely a very blessed family!!!!!! I love you both!!!

Ginger McCabe said...

Prayers to you all! I just know this is the beginning to many, many, many healthy wonderful years together!! much love.

Post a Comment

 
© Jessica Charles Photography
CoffeeShop Designs