Starting a business has its ups and downs. It's very easy to get discouraged, and feel success is so far away. But it's cool how God works though. He always sends someone or does something immediately to lift me up. I've met some pretty amazing people in the past few weeks, in addition to my friends and family I already have that are just simply awesome. And it helps me open my eyes to a whole new perspective. I am just where I need to be at this point in my life. I am "here", and I will be "there" because He has only the best plans for me. Now, instead of being discouraged, I'm being encouraged and inspired beyond belief. So with that being said, I've made a list of personal and business goals for myself. Some of these will always be a work in progress. That is partially why I decided not to give myself a deadline for these goals. Also, because I want these goals to be on God's time. When He's ready for certain doors to open for me, I believe they will.
- Have atleast 2 weddings every month. I love love love weddings, and this is why I decided to start my career in photography.
- Get a wedding published in a magazine and/or http://stylemepretty.com, my favorite wedding blogsite. I urge you to check it out if you're engaged. So many beautiful ideas. And they are always updating!
- Grow my FB fans and blog subscribers to over 1,000 (search for Jessica Charles Photography on facebook!!)
- Shoot a destination wedding.
- When I'm "there", become a mentor to upcoming photographers. Help in any way I can.
- Be able to hire outside help.
- Get closer with God every day. I need to constantly remind myself "its not about me".
- Strive to be a better wife, and show my love more. I have the best husband in the world and I admit, I take him for granted.
- Be healthy, comfortable and confident!
- Run a marathon.. just so I can say "I ran a marathon"
- Travel more once my husband gets the kidney transplant he needs. (prayers are welcome)
- This may seem materialistic - which I know I am at times, but I want to be successful enough to buy atleast ONE pair of designer shoes. Christian Louboutins? Manolos?? I guess we'll have to see. ONE DAY!!