Sunday, July 3, 2011

Why do a first look on your wedding day?

First looks are my favorite part of the wedding day.  So raw, emotional, and intimate. 
Ok, for one second, forget about traditions and hear me out.  First looks are when the bride and groom see each other in a private setting, before the ceremony.  Imagine it ladies, you walk up to your groom, so nervous and happy, and you tap him on the shoulder.. he turns around and sees you for the first time, looking absolutely radiant.  He's so handsome, you can't stand it.  What do you do?  How do you react?  This is the person you're about to MARRY!    You can do anything you want!  You can hug, cry, kiss.. you are in your own world with your groom.  No one is bothering you.  You don't have to turn around and pay attention to the officiant.  You get to spend that moment, alone with the one you love.  Well, of course I'm there too.  ;)  But I totally stay as far away as possible, and let the two of you have as long as you need.
I admit, when I got married, the thought of the first look was unappealing.  I always dreamed of my husband seeing me for the first time as I walk down the aisle.  But get this, you still get that!  You get to walk down the aisle, and I promise, he will watch you just like he's seen you for the first time.  He's going to be so nervous, so happy, and you will be so gorgeous.  It will be like TWO first looks. 
I know first looks aren't for everybody.  I respect that.  I just wanted to share this first look with you, and why you should do it at your own wedding.  It's such a special moment.  Wouldn't you want to spend it how you want it?
This is Kayla and Calvin.  It was an honor to shoot their Sarasota wedding last month.  I was thrilled to find out that the first look location was going to be at the Ringling Museum.  Oh my, oh my, oh my. 




















Stay tuned for the rest of Kayla & Calvin's wedding pictures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Jessica Charles Photography
CoffeeShop Designs