Sunday, January 23, 2011

Two Downtown St. Pete shops you have to visit.

Bryan and I took a day vacation to Downtown St. Petersburg yesterday.  I LOVE this city.  The restaurants are amazing, the stores are awesome and the museums are always really cool too.  We live in Downtown Clearwater, so we aren't as close as we'd like to be.
But I just wanted to tell you about two of the places we visited yesterday. 

We went to this place called Kalamazoo Olive Company on Central Ave.  http://www.kalamazooolive.com/  Can I just tell you, this store is HEAVEN!  As soon as we walked in, we were greeted with the friendliest smile from the owner, James.  He invited us to sample all the kinds of balsamic vinegars, and oils.  At first, I gotta be honest, I was intimidated with so many flavors, and the fact that I've never sipped oil before.  But I am so so so happy I tried it.  I started with the white fruit vinegars.  My favorite was the Peach White Vinegar.  Then I ventured to the darker balsamics.. FIG balsamic.. hello, love of my life.  I was really nervous to try the oil, but James gave me a sample of the Roasted French Walnut oil.. TO DIE FOR!  With every sip of every sample, I had the biggest smile on my face.  The whole thing was such a fabulous experience, and James was so much fun, and so sweet.  I could have stayed in that store all day.  Here is the list of products.  http://www.kalamazooolive.com/koc_web_menu.pdf

The other place we went to was The Cupcake Spot!  FINALLY, I got to try these amazing cupcakes!  This is probably the most popular cupcake store in the area with two locations in St. Pete and Tampa.  http://www.thecupcakespotinc.com/  I know a lot of brides and grooms are opting for cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake OR as favors for their guests!  And I totally recommend The Cupcake Spot.  I couldn't decide between the "Berry Squared" and the "Chocolate Better Thans".  After a long and hard debate, I went with the Berry Squared (strawberry cake with strawberry cream cheese.. yes please!!).  Bryan went with the Red Velvet.  SO delicious!!  Since I couldn't share my cupcake with you, I thought I could share a picture.  So I told Bryan to whip out his phone and snap away.
Side note.. I hate my big nose.

Anyway, I hope my friends in the area get to visit these two awesome shops, within walking distance from each other.  You will LOVE them!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Jessica Charles Photography
CoffeeShop Designs