Thursday, December 2, 2010

3 Words

I got the idea from my faaaavorite wedding photographer, Jasmine Star.  You can see her blog here http://www.jasminestarblog.com/.  She suggests coming up with 3 words that match your photography style, and shoot for those words every time you take a picture.  Sounds easy, right?  Wrong.  Well, not for me anyway.  I couldn't come up with 3 simple words.. took me MONTHS!  But alas, I finally came up with my third and final word.  FUN . FLIRTY . REAL
What do you think?  Is it me?  Better yet, is it Jessica Charles Photography?  Obviously, when I'm shooting a family, I'm not aiming for flirty, but most definitely fun and real!  Fun, real candid shots are my favorite.  They look natural and effortless and well, fun!  If I'm on a shoot with you, I will most likely tell you to not pay attention to me, and just be with each other.  I won't do this for the entire shoot, don't worry.  I will give you direction, but at this time I give you the freedom to do whatever you want.  You might want to tell a joke, and I get a good, sincere laugh, or you (the guy) can kiss her on the forehead, or just get close and put your heads together and close your eyes..  Whatever you feel the moment is calling for.  I'm there following your lead.  The thing I love best about it is that it is completely unique every time.  You are with this one person.  You aren't going to be snuggling up with you brother or sister or a friend.  This is the ONE person you are here with, sharing this moment with.  It's a special kind of unique.  I love it.

So here are some pictures I chose that I feel best represents my 3 words.

Leave it to my sister to randomly put flowers behind her boyfriend's ear.

I just loved Ashley's natural smile.  She's a knockout!

I love how comfortable Edith looks, like she was born to snuggle with her now husband, Dawson.

Seriously, who else are you going to share this moment with?  Jaclyn and Chris are so MFEO.

Words can't describe what my heart feels when I see the look on Jason's face in this picture.

Fun and sweet.  Molly and Jeb are so adorable. (wedding pics coming soon)

The newest session I'm working on.  Jake towers over Andrea, but somehow they fit perfectly.  How precious are they? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Jessica Charles Photography
CoffeeShop Designs