Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My cup runneth over

About a month ago, Bryan's aunt's life partner, Sandy, was tested to see if she's a match to donate one of her kidneys to Bryan.  We've been praying, and praying, constantly having this thought in the back of our heads.. "what if Sandy's a match?".
Well, Sandy called Life Link yesterday...  SHE'S A MATCH!!!!  After 2.5 years of waiting, patiently and impatiently... we finally have a match!!  My husband is getting a new kidney!!  Well, most likely anyway.  She still has to go through more tests and such to make sure she can go through with the surgery.  But the big hurdle is over. 
It means so much that Sandy even considered being a donor.  It's a HUGE gift, more than she'll ever know.  She's giving Bryan a second chance at life.  I'm so thankful, I can't begin to express how my heart feels.  I'm so thankful, I could thank her every minute of every day for the rest of my life, and it still won't be enough... and I'm sure she'll be ready to punch me after the first day anyway. 
I also want to thank every single person who said even a single prayer in these past 2.5 years.  We've been through a lot.  It's been very, very difficult watching Bryan go through everything he has gone through.  But we have so many wonderful and thoughtful family and friends who never lost hope, and always had kind words and prayers.  Thank you so much.

This is the best Christmas present our family has ever received.  EVER!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Jessica Charles Photography
CoffeeShop Designs