Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections

It's that time of year where everyone is looking back, reflecting on the good and the the bad of the year.  I have to say, this has been quite a year.  As you know, this is my first year of business.  I know a lot of people would consider this something they wouldn't exactly be proud of out in the open because it may show some lack of experience, but I consider it a good thing.  Look at what I've accomplished in a year.  To date, I've done 20 weddings.  When I just started, we figured 7 weddings, MAX.  I've even been published in Ruffledblog.com!  Such a huge honor!!!  I've learned so, so, so much in 2010.  It's unreal where this year has taken me.  And I've met so many fantastic people, and had so much fun on shoots and weddings.  I seriously have the best job in the world.  And I'm so incredibly lucky to actually do this for a living.  I have a long way to go to where I want to be, but I can only imagine where another year will take me.  I'm pretty excited. 
2010 was also a hard year for my husband and I, as we dealt with his kidney failure and all of the surgeries he had to endure.  But through the love, support and prayers of our family, friends, and people we don't even know, we've stayed strong and stayed hopeful.  And if you read my blog from last week, you know that we have found a living donor that is a match!  Our prayers have been answered, and came at the best time.  We're keeping our fingers crossed for the transplant to be in February... like SOON!  I can't tell you what that means to me.  It's a start of a new life.. a chance for us to have a normal marriage.  2011 is going to be a good year.  A very, very good year.
I've heard of Project 365, where bloggers vow to blog every day this coming year.  Yeah, that's not me.  My life is not that interesting.  Most of my days includes editing, watching TBS, and going to the dog park.  I'm sure you won't care to hear about what happened on today's episode of Friends and King of Queens.  HOWEVER, I do vow to post atleast 3xs a week.  Haha, I know it's not 7, but I know I would set myself up for failure if I did that, and that's not how I want to start the new year.
To wrap up the new year, I decided to post a few of my favorite pictures of the year. 
Here's to 2011..  may it bring you love, happiness, luck, success and answered prayers.  Thank YOU for all the love and support you've given me.  It means the world to me, you have no idea.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, YALL!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it! happy new year jess-ka
-katie lee

Post a Comment

 
© Jessica Charles Photography
CoffeeShop Designs